How to take your measurements
For custom made/made to measure products, your measurements will be needed in order to actually make your garment from scratch. Each product description specifies the set of measurements you need to provide. Taking accurate body measurements is one of the keys to great fit. For taking your measurements, you will need a measuring tape. While it’s easier to have somebody help you with taking your measurements, it can also be done by yourself. Some people prefer to have their measurements taken by a professional tailor, and, while this is the best option, it is not necessary. It’s easier if you stand in front of a mirror so you can see that you have the tape in the right position.
For accuracy, measurements must be taken while wearing only underwear. The bra should be of the same type as the one you intend to wear with the dress/top you’re ordering (don’t wear a soft bra if you plan to wear the dress with a push-up bra). For floor length dresses, you must wear heels of the same height as the ones you plan to wear with your dress.
Because the body is made of soft tissue, it can be a bit difficult to know exactly how tight to pull the tape around the body. The tape should be a bit snug, but not tight - it should not "dig in" or make an indentation in the body. It should not be loose, either! Just wrap the tape around the area of the body being measured and hold it in place. You should be able to put a finger behind the tape, but no more than that.
You can take your measurements either in centimeters or in inches, as you prefer.
Below you can see the explanation for the measurements required for the designs in the online store. Should you want modifications to the design or a completely new design, additional measurements may be required in order to make your personalized dress, and we will discuss them during your order processing.
How to take each measurement:
- Neck circumference: measure it horizontally around the base of your neck
- Bust circumference: measure it horizontally around the fullest part of your breasts
- Over bust circumference: measure it horizontally around the upper part of your chest, at the level of your armpits
- Under bust circumference: measure it horizontally around your torso, immediately under your breasts
- Natural waist circumference: measure it horizontally around the thinnest part of your torso, it is a few centimeters above the belly button
- Hips circumference: measure it horizontally around the fullest part of your buttocks
- Upper thighs: measure it horizontally around your upper thighs, at the level of your crotch
- Shoulder to shoulder: measure it horizontally in the back, from one shoulder bone to the other
- Upper arm circumference: measure it horizontally around the upper part of your arm, at the level of your armpit
- Armscye: measure it vertically around the upper part of your arm, where the arm joins the torso
- Shoulder to underbust: measure it vertically in the front, from your shoulder to under the breast, passing over the breast
- Shoulder to bust point: measure it vertically in the front, from your shoulder to your nipple
- Shoulder to waist: measure it vertically in the front, from your shoulder to your natural waist (the thinnest point of your torso), passing over the breast
- Under bust to waist: measure it vertically in the front, from under your breast to your natural waist (the thinnest point of your torso)
- Skirt length: measure it vertically in the front, from your natural waist to the point where you want the hem to be (knee, under knee, tea length, according to the design of the dress you are ordering. Tea length is approximately at mid-calf
- Waist to floor: measure it vertically from your natural waist to the floor. This measurement is for floor length dresses/skirts so please remember to wear your heels if you plan to wear heels with the dress/skirt.
- Back length: measure it vertically from the base of your neck to waist, in the back. You will need the help of another person in order to take this measurement.
- Sleeve length: desired length of sleeve from shoulder to sleeve hem. Keep your arm with your hand resting on your waist when you take this measurement.
- Total height: your total height from head to toes
- Bra size: bra circumference and cup or whichever bra sizing system your country uses
<<-- Go Back